Yes, there is a vast selection of restaurants and cafes but there is also a whole lot more!
Below is a list of some activities:
- The Equestrian Club offers horse riding lessons. The horses are beautiful and well looked after.
- Kayaking a group that meet regularly, not only to enjoy the sea but take an active environmental interest in protecting and preserving sea life. You can follow them on Instagram.
- K’S Path Shelter is a wonderful and very active animal shelter based in Wafra that you can visit with your children. At a particular age your kids can join the shelter as a volunteer looking after the wide range of animals. You can visit their website here. Or contact them on: 67001622.
- Beaches are a relaxing and fun way to spend the day and is full of wildlife. You can spot tiny fish just beneath the surface or find suspicious crabs hiding under stones or within their shells. Or even collect stunning seashells that are great for arts and crafts at home. Children have a lovely time exploring the delights of the sea.
- Aqua park is a great place for a family fun day out. Everything is provided from floats to hot barbecued corn on the cob.
- Color Me Mine kids can express their creativity, relax, and have some fun.
Branches: Marina Crescent, 1st floor.
Avenues phase 2 (near the dancing fountain).
Phone Numbers: 22244604- 25349251.
- Kidzania children can work in adults’ jobs and earn money (kidzooz), it is an educational and entertaining experience since activities are designed to support the comprehensive development of children.
- Ahmadi Park is located in central Ahmadi, it has rides, games and amusements for children as well as refreshments. Kids will sure have fun.
- Shaab Park has a variety of activities for all ages including games, rides, bungee jumping, tennis, indoor bowling, cinema, ice-skating and roller skating. The park is open from 5 pm to 1 am in the summer (1st May to 31st October), 4 pm to 12 in winter (1st November to 30th April) and 10 am to 12 pm on weekends. Entry costs 500 fils. You may contact them on: 2561 3777.
- Kuwait magic is a mall with a gaming zone and entertainment areas providing fun for the entire family. Opening hours from 9 am- Midnight.
- Ice skating rink is a great place for children to practice skating.
From 8:30 am to 10:00 am
From 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
From 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
From 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
From 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
From 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
From 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Entrance & Skating Fee: 1.500 KD/Person for each period.
None Skating companions: 500 Fils/ Person.
- Prokart is a racing track off the 6th road. Kids can drive the cars from 14 years old. Price is 5 KD for 8 minutes session. You may contact them on: 9006 9121.
- Educational Science Museum has all kinds of bones on display including a massive whale skeleton. You can also find aircraft and engines and finally natural science. It is located in Mirqab. Opening hours: 9 am- 1 pm, and 4:30 pm- 7:30 pm. Closed on weekends.
- Planetarium is located in the Kuwait National Museum. It is open Monday to Saturday with morning and afternoon shows as follows:
Morning Shows: 9:30 / 10:30 / 11:30 / 12:00
Afternoon Shows: 5:00 / 5:45 / 6:30
No morning shows on Friday and Saturday. Shows are at 9:30 and 10:30 only. Sundays they’re closed. For more information call: 22451195 -22456534. The entrance is free.
- Scientific center is an educational facility which is fun for children. The main building is comprised of 3 main attractions: the Aquarium, Discovery Place and IMAX Theater. For more information you can visit the website: www.tsck.org.kw/default.aspx.
- Boat rides there are several boat trips that you and your kids can enjoy. You can take a boat from Marina Crescent for 20 minutes for only 1KD. There are also boat trips to Failka Island from Ras al Ard. Recently Umm Al Khair started a trip to Failaka each Saturday costing 15 KD 10 KD for children including lunch. The boat leaves from berth G6 at Marina Crescent, Salmiya. For booking call 2224 4988 or 2484 8161.
- Entertainment city has a thrilled rides and games that is fun for all the family.
Ticket price is 3.5 KD/person. Children under 4 and servants are free.
Special prices for groups and companies.
There are so many activities for children in Kuwait the trick is finding them. Once you do, you are guaranteed a great time with your kids.
And don’t forget Hala February! A whole month of fun games/activities and shows. The whole country is in a celebratory mood. Although it is hard to imagine that there can be any outdoor activities but as the temperature falls and the sun reduces its intense rays we find ourselves venturing out and enjoying new adventures every day.